Monday, December 7, 2009

Season 1/ Episode 5 -- Twinkle in the city of light

Je suis ici, mais mon coeur est là...Il est à Paris, et Père Noel est là aussi...The pictures are unfortunately not taken by me, though I would love to be there right now. Still, there are some pictures that were in fact taken with the eyes of my heart, and luckily for you guys there are also some, that were taken with my camera this summer. I haven't posted them yet, for some strange reason that I am not aware of. So really soon I will try to make up for that...But until then let me just show you what I have found in the L'internaute Magazine (www.linternaute.com):Merry-go-round situated on the hillock of Montmartre right at the exit of Abesses Metro station, 9ème arrondissement.
Another (one of the many) manège in Montparnasse. In every arrondissement there are marry-go-rounds specially installed for the month of December. The small picture description on L'internaute says that these special but traditional singing and moving decorations in the city do not stop to amaze the children, but if they'd (the moderators) let me (and they probably would, should I smile charmante enough) I would "so" go and sit on a pony, well horse, but for me they became ponies, I'm afraid)...
Open air patinoire in Montparnasse, Place Raoul Dautry, 15eme arrondissement. Right now this would be the place I'd want to be at, no doubt about it. Please don't get me wrong, I do not want to give the wrong impression by implying that I can skate. But the truth is, that this small disability never stopped me from the practicing this graceful sport (again, do not imagine me being graceful on the ice, no such thing, unfortunately). But it always reminds me of my addiction of following the Figure Skating Championships, and let me tell you, those poeple are indeed graceful and beautiful...
(in this scenery I would most likely be that person in the rad jacket sitting calmly in the middle of the rink)Love it! Le Printemps Haussmann, 9ème arr. of Paris

I cannot explain why, but this picture reminds me of Harry Potter...(and I care to mention that, in my case, that is a good thing). This beautiful 20 meters high crowned Christmas tree under the byzantine cupola is the main attraction of the Galeries Lafayette. This year the tree had the luck and honors to be decorated by the conception of non other but the great Jean-Charles de Castelbajac.

If there is someone out there who is in fact staying in Paris before and during Christmas, and has posted photos/stories about the Magic, please take some moment and leave me a comment so that i can check out your blog; I'd love to read/see such post. Thanks so much,
Erika

1 comment:

  1. Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

    Review my web site :: промокод quelle

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!