Monday, January 25, 2010

Beinvenue chez ma maison de poupée

What have you guys been up to this weekend? I sure know what I did...
My weekend started out with writing one of my insanest exams (great start, huh?), than acted like being high or drunk due to fatigue (involuntarily, of course), and than when I came to my senses, I felt the need to do something nonacademic so I made une poupée molle (=stuffed doll, but I like to call it silhouette, because it sounds fancier) and I got so carried away (not a new phenomena) that I lost track of time and so I almost forgot about the Figure Skating Gala Exhibition of the European Championships (but rushed in and turned on the TV just in time to see everyone starting from the bronze...if anyone else followed: have you seen Lambiel's insane performance??? I had goosebumps throughout the whole thing! It was amazing).
Ok, so here's what happened. When I came home from America I brought dozens of little flags with me (as souvenirs), and probably the only chance to give all of them away would have been if I had stood on the sidewalk on the high street and distributed them to everyone who walked by...Didn't happen. Dunno why?! Anyway, so what I did on this glorious Sunday was that I detached the flag fabric and held on to the wooden stud.
And than I transformed that into this:And decorated one of the flower pots in my room with "her":
I hope you dollies enjoyed this post,
bisous,
Erika

Ps. Don't forget to visit Cottage Instinct and Just something I whipped up Monday Making the World Cuter and Metamorphosis Monday aaand Make your Monday where I participate in the Monday parties :) Yippy!!! Grab a snack or a tea if you're on diet and knock yourself out with all the other grand crafts...

3 comments:

  1. That is really creative! And to use a flag post--wow! I love the dress and the details you put into it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love crafting to decompress...I love eating to decompress too, but crafting is lower calories. :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!