Saturday, February 27, 2010

A sad note {last update}


Since I have been writing about my grandfather's problems in previous posts ( here and here) I would like to thank again all those people who were with our family throughout these tough times. And I sadly have to let you all know that my grandfather passed away last Tuesday. He was already in coma for two days before he finally went away to live with the angels.
I do know that for him these days to come would have been hell on Earth, because of all the pain and emotional suffering. So I'm aware of the fact that for him it was better this way. And I feel that I am able to be thankful for one thing: that he is not suffering anymore. Still all this awareness can't wipe away the pain and cannot fill in the void that his absence created.
He was the second really close person whom I have lost, but I feel like every time I lose someone for ever I also lose a part of myself, a part of what made me who I am today...

May his soul rest in peace.

1 comment:

  1. Erika...Im so sorry to hear of your loss.
    My husband just recently lost his best friend to a heart attack not so long ago...and he too feels that he has lost a part of himself.
    I think the best tribute you can ever pay someone who you loved so deeply and was a big part of your life....is to live your life ahead of their death and keep thier memory alive...because they really do live in you. XO

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!