Saturday, March 13, 2010

Potential bijoux

Here are some things I have been working on the past weekend: little ceramic plates for broaches, pendants, buttons, earrings and what not, in my parent's workshop as usual; {where else would I be able to work on these, right? :o) }


So, the truth is that pouring, shaping, stamping, and cleaning them was the greatest fun, but when it came to glazing I thought I'd drop dead of the slowness of the process, since I wanted ALL of it to be hand made I decided not to spray the glaze on, but to "paint it on" using a brush...The only thing I did not do, fortunately I was not even considering it, was that I didn't sit in the oven with them while they were burning :o) I am just joking of course.

Eventually, due to my stubbornness, I only had time to glaze this much of the whole bunch and got left with about 3 times the amount that I managed to glaze...

BUT, those few which are ready are to be transformed from potentiality to actuality and tomorrow I also hope to glaze some more, haha. Anyhow, stay tuned to see how they turn out to be in the end...

bisous,
Erika

Linked up to:
Poppies At Play

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic so far..cant wait to see the finished product :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously looks like FUN!! I want to learn how to make them! I can't wait to see them when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look seriously fascinating and I can't wait to see how they turn out. How wonderful to have the facilities to be able to glaze etc.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!