Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pink Saturday -2-

So tell me what is it that you like to do on a Saturday morning? What do you start your day out with? Are you a morning person in general, or do you hate mornings and you are one of those people who don't function properly until about after noon. Are you smiling or are you just as grumpy as on a regular morning?

I used to be a member of the "Morning Grumpiness Club". Most definitely. Not anymore though...I am still not much of a morning person...But I managed to consciously cure myself by working on my thoughts and emotions. It is a little bit like working out, really. It is just that instead of working on your muscles you work on changing your thoughts. I know I sound like a wacko right now, but all I can say is that at least it helped me. In the beginning it was just that I stayed a few more minutes in bed after I have woken up and stared at the ceiling smiling, being grateful that I had the chance to wake up that morning. Then as I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth I thought of a few other things I have been grateful for, off the top of my head. Nothing special. Sort of like: being grateful for I have breakfast to eat and I have running water to brush my teeth with...
Try it; it is worth it. And after a few days of deliberately changing my morning thoughts, it started to become automatic, good thoughts cramped up in my mind right after I woke up and they made me smile, and then all the rest of the positive things went on from there...

So getting back to my initial question, for me Saturday mornings look like this: I have French class, an that provides in itself cumulative joy. But before that I like to drink my coffee (nothing out of the ordinary, just black as always) and bury myself into some nice interior decoration/ fashion magazines, or into classic literature, it depends on my degree of alertness. And then off to class! :o)



Anyways, back to pinkish things (not that happiness isn't pink enough) I wanted to show you two more items that I have put together after my witchcraft in my parents' workshop a few weeks ago. A pair of vintage-like flower earrings and two little felt-pillow broaches decorated with the little ceramics plates with vintage rose transfer-pictures that are also, like the glazed ceramics, burnt in about 1000-1050 c grades. But all in separate processes. It is fascinating...At least for me it is...:o) And I love it!

For more pink take a look at Beverly's blog , who is the lovely host of Pink Saturday. So many more pinks of all kinds and nuances :o) Love it!

And off I go!
Bisous,
Erika

17 comments:

  1. your saturday mornings sound like such fun happy pink saturday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like my coffee in the mornings too. Somehow the day isn't right with out a cup :-)

    The earring you created are lovely by the way.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post for your first Pink Saturday. Welcome friend.

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy First Pink Saturday, Erika! So glad you joined us. This is such a wonderful community.
    Your jewelry is lovely and it sounds like a very interesting process. And pink roses are perfect for today.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely a morning person, and an early one at that - even on the weekends! On Saturday I have my my morning coffee or more recently tea while I sit at the computer and visit the "Pinkies", then on to the rest of the day. Your earrings and brooches are just adorable! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Pink Saturday, Erika! Such pretty jewelery! Thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet blog! I loved the buttons! Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Dear! I love your blog! Happy Pink Saturday!If you have time stop by http://shabbychictreasures.blogspot.com/
    I am giving away a pretty rose teapot for the month of April!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute post. I'm not a morning person but I try not to be grumpy. Just takes me a while to function. Pretty pinks! Love your playlist. Happy Pink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Erika..
    I loved your thoughts..and see if I can put into practice what you have learned. Maybe I can become a better morning person.
    Love those sweet plates and earrings. Many happy Pinks..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erika, I was so in to reading about the way you wake up in the morning. A great positive idea. I actually am a morning person. Coffee, magazine to read and off to meet your day in a positive attitude. Love it!

    The earrings are so sweet. The brooches are perfectly pink too.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonjour! Howdy from Texas. I practiced my first year French dialogue until I sounded French. The words are slipping away and get tossed around w/a little Spanish. Both of those classes were a long time ago now. Can't believe I can say that now. Anyway, lovely pinks and fascinating with a hint of what you do to arrive at them. Enjoyed my visit. Happy Pink Saturday! Later! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. :) I am not much of a morning person, either, though I am getting better as I get older.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Erika. Happy PS to you. I am a mid-morning person, generally sleep till about 8 and start getting around about 9. I start with my cocoa, (well after the fur babies are fed), and some time on the computer catching up on emails, FB and blogs. Most mornings I am happy (most remember). Great food for thought.

    I like your little pillow broaches. I love roses.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm getting a late start, but welcome to PS! I agree that an adjustment in ones attitude makes all the difference! Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely earrings and broaches. I am definitely a morning person married to a non-morning person! I get up and am out of the house by 6:45 every Saturday morning heading to the nearest yard sale. Other mornings I am up no later than 6:00. Cock-a-doodle-doo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Pink Saturday. Your earring and broaches are beautiful.

    I'm not a morning person but on Saturdays I sleep in. I then take my breakfast back to bed and read for an hour. By that time I'm ready to face the day. I do daily gratitudes it sure, which I find really important to do when I'm having a bad day.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!