Saturday, April 3, 2010

Second Bunny Post

I have seen so many beautiful and very creative Easter decorations out in bloggyland these weeks, I had so much fun browsing through the different posts. And even though I was inspired by so many of them, I still felt the need to be somewhat original by not copying one of the beauties out there, but making my own special something...
There is an essential reason I love holidays like Christmas and Easter, and that is that I have the best themes for my handmade presents, and I can make people smile and make them happy even if for just a moment. It is the finest reward of my work, that's for sure! Naturally the reason why these holidays were added to the calender is also one that needs mentioning in these beautiful days. But as weird as it sounds, it is not the primordial reason for me to enjoy these days; but making people happy and making them feel important is! Giving is my way of reacting to the religious background of these days, I suppose...
And now letting the seriousness aside, lets face it, "decoratrisse" friends, aren't these days the oasis of decorating??? YEAH.YEAH.YEAH.YEAH. ♥


This post is my gift to all of you out there. From the heart!


Cross stitching is one of my favorite things to play around with, so that is what I did, this time as well. I usually make my own designs (patterns if you like), but I don't like to experiment a lot on paper, I sketch a pattern, I "x" it out, and then I start stichin' making modifications as I proceed. This is the best way to surprise myself even, during the process :) And also, I like to make small modifications even if I use the same pattern, just so that I don't end up with the same piece two times or more, depending on how many I want or have to make.


Bis-Bis,
Erika

Linking up to:
Poppies at Play
Spring has sprung at It's Fun To Craft
Weekend Wrap up Party at Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Sue Cute Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. Those bunnies are so cute. What a fun project! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable bunnies!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute bunnies! How fun! Thanks for sharing at Fun to Craft's Spring has Sprung Party.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!