Thursday, May 13, 2010

Roumanie, ma belle...


Most of the people living in my home-country, when asked about her, would stuff you with all the craziness and silliness that has been going on/is going on over here...But rarely will you hear someone start enumerating the many positive aspects...Truth be told, between the two of us here, it is quite hard to see that aspect deep down among all the things that we don't like in this country. Moreover, what hurts the most is, that change happens so slowly or not at all, that sometimes you loose even the sight of any hope in your heart...

But I will tell you what is wonderful here and you will surely agree with me...
Rules and orders are good, I admit. But labeling everything like in the "true civilized" world and adjudicating everything under the sky can sometimes be overwhelming... Holding speeches about freedom when everything is bond to something, also seems a little exaggerated. But I really don't want this post to sound offensive or personal to anyone, really! Moreover I would hate for it to have a political connotation...

All I am saying is, that today, I saw horses galloping across the hills over my parent's workshop. Yes, I have seen them before there, of course. But today I really saw them. And it made me think.

We don't have a special place to hold them (which I like to call "horsey-day-care"), their masters are free to take them out to the meadows, let them run freely and play together with the rest of their kind... This is kind of what I always thought freedom to be like...Run, play, do whatever (without hurting the other one, of course), just be out there, enjoy nature, live a simple life...

1 comment:

  1. We really have a beautiful country that has much to offer, as scenery, wildlife, peace and freedom we have many unique places, and for many people these things can't be described in word, it has to be lived, and sensed.
    I like your postings, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!