Saturday, May 22, 2010

Surprise jasmines and lemon cake


Yesterday I decided to bake something...What's new, huh? But I didn't have much time to spend on it so I searched for some kind of recipe which would take as little time to make as possible. There is this fantastic woman, whom I had found in bloggyland quite some time ago, she makes insane food! It's crazy! And I really love to make here recipes, because she has easy instructions and yummy-looking pictures next to them, so you always know each step you have to take...For those of you who speak Romanian it should not be a problem to follow her blog, for the rest of you guys, I'm sorry...
But anyway, don't think that I will have you leave from here disappointed...I will translate Laura's Lemon Cake recipe, and complete it at times when I did something differently... I find it to be one of the quickest, easiest, and lightest and most delicious cakes EVER.
All you need is:
  • 260 grams flour
  • 350 grams sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 265 gr. plain yogurt
  • 150 ml oil
  • 2 razed lemons (I wonder if you have that expression in English)
  • juice of 4 lemons
You mix the eggs and sugar together, then add the yogurt and the oil, mix them well. Then you add the flour to this mixture, spoon by spoon you, stir it slowly. Add the razed lemon skin to it. I also added a tspoon of powdered baking ammonia, which helped to lighten the texture of the cake (but Laura didn't and her's looks just as great, so that really depends on your baking habits, I suppose).

Laura says that it has to be baked for about 50 min at 180 c* degrees, but I have an old-fashioned oven without any measuring device so I just left it there and checked on it after about 45 min. But the total time for me was an hour. That also depends on the cake-pan, if it is wider then the cake is more tiny and it bakes quicker...You'll see, just check on it after 50 minutes and you should be fine.

I personally had a 50-50 proportion with the yogurt (and sour cream), I like to use sour cream as well when I have a recipe with yogurt. And I always love the result... But it is your call, which version you prefer better...

So when it is ready and it has cooled down, you take the lemon juice, add some spoons of sugar (according to your taste) and pour it on the cake gently. Laura served it with coconut-powder (I think...it is hard to tell from the pics), but my whole family, including myself, loves whipped cream, so i served it with that...


I have to tell you it had a huuuuuuuuuuge success...There is not much left for today (I made it yesterday), and we are only three :o) Ha!

We didn't have any yogurt at home, so I sent my dad out to get some, and when he returned he brought me this.


JASMINE! Apparently we always had it in the garden in front of our flat, but I had never noticed. Go figure! But now my room smells like a jasmine-garden and it makes me so very happy ♥

Bisous,
Erika


Linked up to:
Keeping it Simple

1 comment:

I ♥ comments!