Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pink Saturday and Where Bloggers Create

Hello there! First off, today I am combining my Pink Saturday post with Karen's Where Bloggers Create Party which is basically about your creative space, wherever that is... I like to call mine a workshop, but it is really my bedroom, that is all there is to say about it. And let me tell you that this is the best time ever, to immortalize the artistic mess in here, combined with intellectual mess caused by the never ending exam-session from Uni. Thus you can only imagine what is in my head after all this mess everywhere...Haha!
Anyway, it is actually very late at night over here in Romania and I am up, because I was preparing for my first handmade fair, and my exams of course, so things have been pretty hectic in my life. Which is good. Hectic is good. Not stressful. I like it! :))
So considering how late it is, and considering that I will have to stay alert tomorrow ALL DAY LONG, I will just let the pictures talk for themselves. And please, if you enjoyed this, you are welcome to check back for the after-fair pictures...Which I will probably post around Monday. See you then!


Here is the stand my dad made me the other day, but this time the board is covered up with brown paper (always a classic), and filled with my petite creations.


And here is my dad's wooden army case, which I use for storage.



And then of course comes the state when I cannot find anything anymore.



I really wish that one day SOON I will have my own little workshop where I can do whatever I want not thinking of what will I accidentally cover with paint or stepping into needles or finding a little space on my lovely princess bed covered with fabric definitely other than the pillowcases, sheets, and blankets which are normally on beds, you know what I mean? :))

But at the and of the day I am just like most people, I lay back, take out a good book and read until I fall asleep with it in my hands...with a smile on my face...

Happy Pink Saturday lovelies, and I hope you enjoyed my little workshop "tour"! Be sure to check out Beverly's blog for more pink posts and Karen's blog to see more workspace posts. And wish me luck for the fair tomorrow. Oh and if you are from Cluj, take some time off and visit me. Look for the Jasmin Blanc sign! Details about the fair you can read in a previous post.

Bisous,
Erika

16 comments:

  1. I always say..the bigger the mess...the more beautiful the creation...its no wonder your little creations turn out as amazing as they do...as you can see that you really put your heart into it..just gorgeous..as are you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a comment don't know where it went, love your pieces and it's messy and creative, thats when you know you've got talent...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika, it is all wonderful. And, you create such fantastic things in this space. I am so glad you shared your place of inspiration with us.

    For many years, I had my things in a rolling cart in a closet. My studio now was once my son's bedroom when he was still living at home. Now he is grown with a son of his own.

    Happy Pink Saturday and WBC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't matter if it is big or small as long as it puts a smile on our face. ;o)
    So, enjoyed my visit with you. Enjoy the rest of the party.
    Hugz,
    Zandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, look at what you've created! Lots of lovely stuff to see here! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say Hello, (I am only pretending to be neat, you have not seen the mess behind close door, LOL!) well, the place is one week old, I bet it will not look this neat and tidy 6 months later. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work space. I like how you display the earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderfully creative space!

    I adore your storage solutions. They have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. frumoase preocupari mai ai. so, I can't wait too see them in reality :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the army chest!
    Very cool stuff you make!
    Thanks for having us over!
    Sparkly Hugs,
    Tobi and the Pixies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for letting us peak into your workroom! I enjoyed my visit!
    xo,
    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember how frustrating it was before I had a room for crafting, but you have made the most of your crafting bedroom. I love the display your dad made you, you're a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at all that work...wow ... your a wonderful artist to go with your creative space! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What sweet petites you create! Thank you for sharing your creative haven.

    ReplyDelete
  14. With all of your creations your studio space is obviously working for you! Thank you for sharing. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  15. thankyou for sharing your story it was lovely reading it good luck with your sales and work

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun to see your creations as works-in-progress and as completed pieces. Love the display board your dad made you and the wonderful case you use for storage. Lots of beautiful pieces! Hope your show went well. ;D

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!