Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I'm a whaaaaat?

A very...hm, what would the right adjective be...unusual, maybe, thing happened to me. Well, actually it was rather the feeling I had because of what happened was unusual.

I randomly started to talk to a woman in the gym today and at one point she asked me "So, what do you do?"...

I froze for a moment. It was the first time anyone asked me that since this summer...And as most of you already know many things changed since then. So instead of listing all the things that ran by me in my life, those that I was supposedly doing (uni, that I did not interest me; crafting, teaching, language courses) I just smiled and said it out loud: I am an indie artist, I dream it and I create it.

Maaaaaaan it felt so right. Jewelry, pottery, clothes, drawing, recycling, DIY, you name it. And that is me. That is what I do. Who I am. Who I have always been, but was not brave enough to admit it to myself. I don't want a fancy life. I just want to live my own life instead of something plastic and impersonal. That doesn't mean I cannot or will not dream big. It just means that those big dreams are dreamed by my heart, not by greed.

And it feels right. Because it is way more simple then I have ever thought I'd be able to live. Yet I have never felt more "complicated". In the positive sense of the word.


Love,
E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!