Thursday, March 3, 2011

Snail mail or email?

I had I really dreadful day today... It has been a while since something this unsettling has happened in my life and even though I met many people today (which was good!) I could not talk about it and I am again posting at this moment for the mere reason of not being able to sleep, yet unable to speak my heart out. So I'll just leave it at that!


Anyway to give a different purpose to this post except that of "failed venting", I wanted to share a little something that I did while at the fair this weekend. There was this guy, who really liked one of my necklaces (I'm assuming he has a girlfriend he wanted to give it to), but did not have the money to pay for it. So he asked whether I was up for a swap and I said well, why not. It turned out he liked to take pictures and turn them into postcards, he went from pub to bar sitting down at tables asking people whether they'd want a postcard. And to be honest with you all, I really admire him for that. Believing in ones passion, making it real and do whatever it takes to tell people about it... in the context it is truly wonderful!

One thing about me that is true for a fact is that I am an old school snail-mail person! Emails are great. Really. For emergencies, for business, for last options... But what makes me feel truly connected to a friend from afar, whom I cannot get together with, is a piece of paper with that person's handwriting, and most importantly all the emotions and heart put into it. I find it so much more personal... And that incredible feeling of butterflies in my stomach when I take a peak into the postbox and see that it is full, wondering who the letter came from...oh it is simply priceless! It makes me feel like a happy child :)


What is it that you prefer?

2 comments:

  1. I love postcards. havent received one in ages, but i did send to my mom, grandma and sister handmade cards for the 1st of March. They really enjoyed them! :D Keeping the spirit alive!! Love the 3rd postcard by the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally snail mail! although i haven't done it in a while...

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!