Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Life, gratitude, uncertainty, trust...


I'm sure all of you know...
Life can be awfully witty at times. We may not always understand at first. We may not like it. Hell, it may even make us hurt.

Be glad for each moment along the way and cherish them dearly! I guess sometimes we forget how important it is to feel grateful in life. And this is partly why I am going to make (also) a blogging habit of it. At the end of each post I will mention a couple of things I was grateful for that day.

Finding a job without any knowledge of the Romanian language in Romania seemed to be pretty much impossible for Gaspar. We were searching and were unable to move from "a" to "b". There was no other way. Well, in fact we didn't come here (to my home) to stay in the first place, yet somehow I found it difficult to leave this time around.

London is a long way from here.
I hate being apart, and what I hate even worse is that we don't know the date when we will be able to be together again. But one thing's for sure, these weeks or months, I don't even know, will definitely be a challenge, to say the least. But I do believe in the importance of taking risks, going beyond one's comfort zone and conquer fears or "moving sands".

I thought what I needed was patience. Patience to wait, to handle people, patience to find opportunities to be together, to make a living over there, still doing what I love most. But I realized that all I need is to trust. Trust that it will work out just fine, and be able to step on that delicate wave of instinctual certainty that comes from within, to be able to find the way to my heart again and again, because that is where my peace is. Yours is there too.

Love,
E.

______________________________________

  1. I am grateful for the internet, to have been able to see him and talk for a while. Communication and keeping in touch even cuts distances in some strange way.
  2. I am grateful for the morning moments together with my mother, crocheting/knitting together, while drinking our energizing cups of steaming coffee.
  3. I am grateful for the happy sunshine that sneaked in through the window, warming my soul.

4 comments:

  1. I love you so much! I am sure we are going to be together soon ... I have been waiting for you!
    I am grateful each moment which is spent with you! Gaspi

    ReplyDelete
  2. London is a 2 1/2 hrs flight away from here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha :) Leti, honey, you'd know better than anyone, wouldn't you? :) And Birmingham is maybe another 2 hours by train, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!