Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Not another Valentine's Day message

I would like to share a passage from The Alchemist with you today... And tell you this: Persevere in finding what the meaning of your life is and define it, but don't make it dependable to other people or material things. Live what you love. That may seem hard to do at times, circumstances will maybe seem to have defeated you, or to have deceived you. But the meaning of your life is not something that you do in your free time, or something you believe to be true when you experience success in a positive environment. Once you have found the path to your heart, you will never be able to step off of it, you will keep walking on that path. Sometimes you might wonder off, but your heart will guide you back, because that lack, that deep void will not disappear until you find your way back again.

I wish you to meet wonderful people along the way! I wish you to be able to let yourself be swept off of your feet to the magical world of love. A love that doesn't raise conditions, a love that doesn't depend on anything. A love that is. Simple as that!

the little home is from Rodi's Little Clay Houses

“Why do we have to listen to our hearts?” the boy asked, when they had made camp that day.

“Because, wherever your heart is, that is where you’ll find your treasure.”

“But my heart is agitated,” the boy said. “It has its dreams, it gets emotional, and it’s become passionate over a woman of the desert. It asks things of me, and it keeps me from sleeping many nights, when I’m thinking about her.”

“Well, that’s good. Your heart is alive. Keep listening to what it has to say.”

“My heart is a traitor,” the boy said to the alchemist, when they had paused to rest the horses. “It doesn’t want me to go on.”

“That makes sense. Naturally it’s afraid that, in pursuing your dream, you might lose everything you’ve won.”

“Well, then, why should I listen to my heart?”

“Because you will never again be able to keep it quiet. ”

“You mean I should listen, even if it’s treasonous?”

“Treason is a blow that comes unexpectedly. If you know your heart well, it will never be able to do that to you. Because you’ll know its dreams and wishes, and will know how to deal with them.

“My heart is afraid that it will have to suffer,” the boy told the alchemist one night as they looked up at the moonless sky.

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity.”

1 comment:

  1. awwww super nice post, thank u for sharing this and I totally agree with u =)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!