Thursday, March 15, 2012

Luxury


It is so funny seeing the image people have about artist...
Somehow they think that we paint and sculpt the day away in light filled studios with great view through the window, or in a hidden, mysterious warehouses in the middle of nowhere; living luxurious lives, drinking vine, not having a care in the world.

I met a girl I haven't seen in years yesterday. When I told her about what I'm doing she said oh wow, great luxury. Then I smiled, thinking I could really use a coffee after all the nights I had put in lately to be able to deal with online sales, plus obviously all the days, when I am creating.

I wouldn't want it any other way.

She was after a 30 hours shift in the E.R. waiting for the bus to arrive, already looking a bit puzzled for no reason, well, none, other than being extremely tired. I must have had a stunned face at the news, when she calmly said she had found the meaning! She was glowing of happiness when she said this.

On my way home, I met someone else I haven't seen in years. She got married in the meantime. And now she was on her way to the kindergarten with her little man. I asked her, how her life turned out to be. She told me with an amazing smile on her face, that becoming a mother was the best thing that had ever happened to her and she could never have asked for more...

Luxury lies not in certain domains, but in love and fulfillment. Finding a meaning to our lives is what all of us strive for, even if this happens unconsciously. And living it IS luxury itself, it is the highest form of luxury there is, whether it is a 30 hours shift or a life-long shift, as long as you cherish every moment, the good ones and bad ones in your heart you are on the way!

Stay true!
Love,
E.


1 comment:

  1. You put it so beautifully in words..I completely agree! :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!