Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What's new Wednesday!

Perhaps it is not even new anymore, but anything unknown is still to be considered "news" I suppose...
I am home!
It has already been a little over a week now... But time slides by so fast when you enjoy it! And I do, I am telling you... friendly faces, wonderful weather, loving people around and the sweetest touch of clay...Oh the good life!

The weekend was just so sweet and joyful, I nearly cried (happy-tears) at night of how lucky I am to be alive! I have got to spend time with my family and friends I grew up with, celebrating the "birthday" of the village my father comes from. It was silly and sweet in the same time, but so dear to my heart...

That is my sweet mom and I. The very first day she dressed up, after 26 years of being married to my father, in the national costume of his home.
The following morning was dedicated to the children, and everyone wanted to have their face painted, so I grabbed a paintbrush and helped the ONE person who was desperately overwhelmed doing the best she could, but it was a never-ending flow of ever arriving children.We had loads of spidermen and butterflies, I can tell you that!
This was grandma helping out this little boy to transfer a paper napkin image onto a little pouch. Don't you just love, when kids do this? They are so incredibly focused, that they totally forget themselves. It is the funniest little thing!
And then there was my sweet dad, "clay-ing" with a very curious group of children. You should have seen a 3 year old ramming a piece of clay, entitling her work a pancake. Oh, it was delightful!

And then my camera's batteries died and of course, I didn't have the charger with me. But then I started photographing each sweet moment with my heart, to keep the pictures forever.

Oh, it is good to be back!
Love,
E.

3 comments:

  1. Such sweet photos. It looks as though you had a wonderful time!

    xo, Kinsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!