Saturday, February 23, 2013

Recycling tutorial: water bottle cozy


I don't know about you, but over here where I live, winter decided to push harder and stay a little longer. The cold weather persist and I never fail to gather some more of that precious rheumatism into my young bones, just to last me until my hair color turns to ash gray.

Jokes aside, I find that my very best friend over the winter is my hot water bottle, a true and faithful friend. Except this friend of mine was a little shabby, so I decided to dress her up nicely! :-)

As I used up most of my time to prepare JB for a Craft Fair I had to think of a project that I could do within minutes and here is what I came up with. You can easily do it too!

Place your water bottle on the sleeve of an old sweater, leave around 2cm sewing allowance and trim the sleeve.


Turn it inside out and sew along the bottom with a sewing machine. Turn it back and there you have it. It doesn't get any easier than this! As all sleeve bottoms are elastic you will surely have no problem fitting your bottle into the cozy.


And there you have it. 


1 comment:

  1. Awww, ce idee buna! Sticla mea are deja hainute dar nu-i strica de schimb :D

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!