Probably one of the easiest desserts out there, light yumminess that can also be served for breakfast with a glass of milk (or in my case, an ice latte!).
Sour Cherry Treats
4 cups of sour cherry
18 dkg butter
18 dkg flour
10 dkg powdered sugar
1. Remove seeds from the sour cherries.
2. Beat egg yolks with the butter until nice and smooth, slowly add the sugar too (I used an electric mixer, but you can also use a food processor). Beat the egg whites until stiff (this one I do by hand to get the best result).
2. Slowly whisk the flour and the beaten egg whites into the egg yolk-butter- sugar mix, alternating them and adding one spoon of each at a time. Adding all ingredients and mixing them together too fast will result in a gluey cake, once it's baked, so be careful.
3. Line pan with baking paper, pour in the cake mixture, spread. Then place the cherries carefully on top, gently pushing them into the cake.
4. Put the pan into a preheated oven, bake at about 180 C degrees for about 30 minutes. Check with a fork before removing pan from the oven to see if the cake is ready. If you still have uncooked mix stuck to the fork, leave the cake in the oven for another 5-7 minutes.
I did this cake in about 40 minutes, together with baking and all. Super easy!
Oh and by the way, the sour cherries were picked from a friend's garden, and they are as organic as it gets. Absolutely delicious!
Any other easy summer recipes I should know of? I gladly accept recommendations :)