Thursday, October 31, 2013

weekend getaway


This weekend was all about road-trips, family and laughter, I absolutely loved it and enjoyed every single moment of being so present. I guess I really needed these three fun days to just relax and not think of anything work-related or moving-related, as I have had more of both of them than I could handle in these past few weeks. As much as I love what I do, and as much it thrills me to move around and figure out which fridge to pick and so on, they simply stole all my attention, leaving me without any physical or mental strength to just BE. And that is has overwhelmed me beyond measure.

But none of that now, this post is about happiness and sunshine.


It all started on a Friday morning with having breakfast, admiring the stunning view from picture #one. I adore the misty autumn mornings...

This trip was about family. Meeting each other (our parents have met for the very first time), bonding, sharing stories and sharing scrumptious meals together. I could not have asked for more from this amazing season!
We stayed at the family home of my fiancee's sister. In this house! Need I say more?

And if you are one of the many, who, after having seen this photo goes "I want to o there too!", then I have great news for you! You can! :) Gaspar's sister runs a guest house in the right wing of the house, she also cooks meals for her guests, should they request that. The house is located by the Duna-Drava Natural Park, in the south of Hungary, and the surroundings are absolutely marvelous! Calm, welcoming and relaxing are the first three words that come to my mind, but I could find a page-worth of positive descriptive words to describe this amazing farm. Oh right, I almost forgot, they have pigs, piglets, chicken, a donkey, goats and sheep too. Just a few, but enough for the urban-generation to leave them wide-eyed at the sight of it all.



Aron, the eldest of thee children in this amazing household is always up for something no good, and the boys were playing all Saturday long. The twin girls, the youngsters, were either playing or boxing (no joke, these gals are tough!) with each other, so at least they have kept each other busy.




My sweet father is a child whisperer. If you have a problem, call him! He is the super nanny type, minus the weird shrink attitude those folks usually share.



So that was our magical weekend. What about yours, has October treated you nicely?
Love,
E.



1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! I could've sworn the house was somewhere in England :) An amazing view and you seem really happy.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!