Sunday, January 12, 2014

Current loves

I would not call them obsessions, rather loves. There are constant colors and shapes in my life, I do not follow trends and I am certainly no fashion freak, but from time to time I fall in love with some of the influences that later may have an impact on my vision.

Here are some of my recent loves.

Stripes.
At one point my closet was filled with stripes: red, black and blue in all its galore. A couple of days ago I had to realize that somehow all these clothes have vanished. Some went to charity, some I had to throw out, and now I am left with almost nothing. I have got to do something about that.

1, 2, 3

Knit.
In everything from home design to winter-wear. And an intricate pattern is always a plus.

1, 2, 3
Dogs.
I absolutely love the thought of extending our little family of three (G, me and M, the cat) with another member or two. Gaspar dreams of smiling Staffordhires Terriers and I long to hug a grumpy looking English Bulldog... And if we ever move out of the apartment to a house with a piece of land, well, we'll be sure to adopt about five aditional lovelies too.

1, 2, 3
Neutrals.
I was thinking about this the other day. I wanted to settle one thing with myself, one that I am often accused of. Am I just afraid of strong colors or is it possible that they are simply not to my linking...at all? And that is the thing, I simply just don't like them. I hate mixing all sorts of colors especially when it comes to my home. I like firm, yet calm, nude colors...the ones that relax me and bring me down to Earth. I like to surround myself in waves of the same color in different shades and perhaps a pop of one other color, but that is as far as I like to go with that!

1, 2, 3

Polka dots.
I have always loved them. But now I love them more in metallic colors.

1, 2, 3
Metal.
Throughout the years I have alternated silver, gold and copper. One has always been more important than the other. Now I feel that I have grown to love all three of them equally and I see some serious metal obsession, work-wise, in the near future.

1, 2, 3

Linen.
I decided to sew a nice extended collection of bed linen myself, due to my disappointment in the market.

1, 2, 3
Herb garden.
I am so making one. I wish I could make an outdoor herb garden, but at the moment that is not possible. So I decided to make an indoor one. I will start working on the terracotta pots next week in the studio, and I have already made a list of the herbs I want to grow in my kitchen. So the growing process has sort of started already.

1, 2, 3
Rugs.
But not just any kind. Classic rugs, Persian rugs,weaved rugs, crocheted rugs, Moroccan rugs. Which are your favorites?

1, 2, 3

What shapes, colors, textures inspire you?

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to quite a few things on this list! Metal, linens and puppy dogs have been on my mind a lot ;)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!