Monday, December 14, 2015

December studio days


My poor Christmas lights are tirelessly twinkling in fog and in sunshine, no snow unfortunately in my corner of the world, not this year... This period is hectic and twisted, and most of the time I have no idea what day of the week we're at. The post office is crowded and tense, everyone seems to be more in a hurry, than at any other given time of the year. Traffic is mad, and apparently the gas pedal and the honk were both added to cars to be pushed continuously... Even though all of it is a day to day experience that I cannot escape, I prefer not to be a participant in this madness, and observe instead. It is amazing how detachment from the obvious gives way to explore the tiny hidden miracles in life.

Last night after the lights went off I started listing all the things (and by this I don't refer merely to the tangible) I was grateful for in that very moment. I think I may have required all night for the process, but I went on and on with it, until I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

I believe we are granted as much good and bad as we allow into our lives. Energy is a fine, logical thing. And when I feel drained I try to remind myself to observe where exactly my emotional energy flows and whether it needs to be balanced out or can be left to balance itself out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!