Thursday, February 4, 2016

February studio scenes


We're having such a warm sunny February, it melts my heart and sinks my boots into a thick layer of mud out here at the studio. Good old countryside life! Meanwhile inside the studio there's a more refined "mud" that's being carved into rings, one by one (and every once in a while this happens; it's part of the job, and works on my patience levels). For those of you waiting on cobalt platters, there's a porcelain firing that is coming up very soon, which I am very much looking forward to. High firing is a lot rarer in Jasmin Blanc studio, and always makes my heart skip some beats while the kiln is cooling. I have some very awesome experiments in process, so this firing will be even more exciting. Hopefully I will have some awesome stories and photos to share, if not I will at least have a few lessons learned. We will see next week.

Many of you have been asking me about the "Matsumaini" collection, which I planned on launching before Christmas, but haven't gotten around doing that. I'm really sorry! Obviously I am very excited about it and looking forward to sharing more with you guys, but I will need to ask for your patience a little while longer. I have a few new ideas added to the whole concept and it took a bit more time to develop. But I'm getting there, so just bare with me.


This batch is from the previous high firing (porcelain fires at a lot higher temperature than earthenware clay). I will have new designs coming, if the firing will be a success! Keep your fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!