Monday, April 4, 2016

Urban spring

That time of year when magnolias blossom and the grass smells of such a pure green even in the midst of urban pollution, that one can do nothing else but to surrender to the moment and stop, breath in, smile and walk on securely. I walked today. Felt the need to be among people, yet not exactly be with them. It is comforting to regress into solitude. Addictive even. I've always enjoyed it. To most it is a form of refuge, to me it has always been a realm of peace and freedom. And yet, there are days - few, it's true, but there are some days- when being among a crowd of people is essential and healing, and this form of presence offers peace.

I look forward to the first Monday of the month, all through the year. Because it takes me closer to where I very much enjoy being. It takes me to a place I feel at home. It reminds me clearly of a space I dwell in my heart. Steadily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!